TOP 3 Things To Look For When Buying A Pet Friendly Home

Our pets are part of our family, so when we buy a home, we want them to feel comfortable in that home. It's important to know what to look for when purchasing a home that your pet will be living in with you. As a dog lover and experienced real estate agent at the Lake of the Ozarks, I'd like to give you 3 KEY things to look for when purchasing your dream home at the Lake of the Ozarks.



3 Key Things to Look for When Purchasing a Home


1. Check the Local Requirements


Pay attention and familiarize yourself with the city and county ordinances. Typically, they can require you to obey leash laws and clean up after your pet in public places. Non-compliance can result in fines. 

If you plan to house a farm animal as a pet, such as a goat or a donkey, clarify the zoning regulations with the proper officials. House pets, such as dogs, birds, fish, and rabbits are usually acceptable in most types of housing, there may be restrictions on the total number of animals allowed in a single home.


2. Ask for the HOA Rules


Bigger homes, such as a single-family home may be likely to provide more space for your pet, a condo may be what fits your budget. Condos typically have HOA rules that govern what is and isn't allowed. Certain HOAs allow pets but restrict them to certain parts of the property. It is possible that you will face fines for violating the rules.


3. Assess the House Layout



Ask yourself this, "Will my pet be comfortable in this home?" Is there enough yard space? Is the yard fenced in? Will my pet be more comfortable on carpet or tile or carpet? Examine the home thoroughly and check for these things to see if it's suitable for your pet.



Need an Experienced Real Estate Agent to Help Your Find Your Next Pet-Friendly Home?



I hope these points help you as you search for your next pet-friendly home. If you are in need of assistance while searching for that home, as your real estate agent, I will:

Educate you about the current real estate market
Help understand your needs
Be an active listener
Preview listings so I don't waste your time
Walk you through the "buying process"
Negotiate aggressively
Always call you back promptly
Show you properties until we fulfill your dream
Address all your questions and concerns
Treat you as a valued friend
Stay in touch as you enjoy your dream


I represent my clients with honesty, integrity and a promise to meet their needs and achieve their goals. I do this with enthusiasm and professionalism, and I differentiate myself by being positive and listening to my clients. My hope is that through real estate, I can help others enjoy similar "magical memories" like I have with my family here at my home the Lake of the Ozarks.














Judi Cloyd, Pinnacle Real Estate Partners
5780 Osage Beach Pkwy Ste 112
Osage Beach, MO 65065


Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00
Weekends by Appointment

573-480-7376 : Judi@JudiAtTheLake.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Buying Options for Veterans

The Polar Plunge & Polar Bear Strut at the Lake of the Ozarks

St. Patrick's Day Events at the Lake of the Ozarks